Get Cash for Class!
Times are tough and many folks need a little help.
Jackson Purchase Energy believes in the power of education. To help our Consumer-Members with college costs, we offer scholarship opportunities.
Each year, JPEC offers six $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors whose parents or guardians are served by JPEC. Check the website in January for applications.
The requirements are:
- A student must be a high school senior who plans to enroll in a full-time course of study (12 hours per semester) at an accredited Kentucky university or community college no later than the fall semester.
- The student's primary residence at the time of application must be served by JPEC, and the JPEC account must be in the name of the student's parent or guardian.
- The student must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 and an ACT score of 18 or better.
- The student must submit a brief, typed narrative stating his/her reason for applying for the scholarship.
- All scholarship winners must attend JPEC's annual meeting. Each recipient will be recognized at that time.