The Kentucky Public Service Commission has granted permission for Jackson Purchase Energy to proceed with the proposed purchase of the Sports Plex property, located in Paducah, KY. JPEC plans to renovate the current structure and create a facility that provides the best value for the least possible cost.
Since building our current facility in 1969-70:
• Consumer-members have increased from 10,674 to 23,560
• Meters have increased from 13,468 to 29,729
• Staffing has increased from 54 to 70
The existing building on the new property will adapt well to fit all JPEC’s warehouse, transportation, maintenance, storage, fleet parking, employee and consumer member needs:
• Accommodate individuals with certain physical limitations
• Safer for employees and visitors in emergency situations
• Allows for technological improvements essential to 21st century service
• Will accommodate 50 years of growth
“We are proud of the economic growth in our service area and we hope that trend continues. The new site will allow JPEC to support the needs of expansion in our service area well into the future” says Greg Grissom, President and CEO.
A future media release will explain the need for change and why this was the best choice.